About the job
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design and construction supervision firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio that includes landmark projects throughout the region. The firm maintains offices in Abu Dhabi, Algeria, Bahrain, Dubai, Kuwait, London, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Sub-Saharan Africa, and North Africa.
Monitoring and maintaining project contractor’s compliance with project requirements, local quality regulations and the contractor’s own quality plan.
• Customer Relationship Management.
• Documentation & Reports.
• People Management.
• Quality Control.
• Safety Practices.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Managing, monitoring and reporting on the delivery of SSH’s Scope of Services under SSH’s Contract assuming responsibilities as delegated by the Lead QHSE Including but not limited to:
• Conduct daily QHSE inspections on & off site with regard to inspection schedules, reporting issues and submitting an observation report.
• Review all relevant QHSE documentation before any inspections are completed i.e. ITP’s, material data, and construction drawings.
• Attend weekly construction QHSE meetings, and Monitor / review all relevant schedules regarding QHSE.
• Check QHSE requirements in method statements, risk assessments and permit to work procedures submitted by the Contractor.
• Project reporting to the QHSE Engineer on a regular basis not limited to the projects delivery performance, risks, changes ensuring all project KPI’s are met as set out in the Construction Contract, SSH Contract and SSH IMS Policies, Procedures, Manuals and Guidelines. Including but not limited to:
• Prepare Monthly quality statistics report for submittal to Head Office.
• Submit QHSE inspection reports as directed by the QHSE Engineer.
• Act as the Project contract liaison with all relevant project stakeholders maintaining strong relationships through regular and effective lines of communication. Including but not limited to:
• Monitoring and maintaining compliance with contractors’ own QHSE Policies and plans.
• Contribute to a professional and respectful working environment. Including but not limited to:
• Monitor Environmental aspects including Pollution, Contamination, Community Health and Welfare.
• Check appropriate maintenance, calibration and operation of all testing equipment.
Qualities & Skills
• Significant Post-Contract Supervision QA / QC experience.
• Experience and acumen in managing and working effectively across multi-disciplinary teams and multi-divisional teams.
• Experience and acumen in managing and working effectively across all support services, divisions, internal, statutory bodies, sub-consultants, contractors etc.
• Significant knowledge and appreciation of industry best practices in relevant role, SSH’s Policies, Procedures, Manuals, Guidelines, Systems and Applications with the ability to fully understand impact on QHSE, Contracts, Stakeholder, Risk and Change Management.
• Significant knowledge and appreciation of International and Statutory Authority requirements, codes and procedures with the ability to ensure QA / QC compliance across the project.
• Motivated and enthusiastic towards project, and own individual objectives.
• People skills, and team management acumen ability.
• Working command of the English language (written and spoken). Knowledge and command of Arabic and/or other languages is mandatory in RTE’s where required.
• MS SharePoint
• MS Office
• Vocational training
• 1 – 4 years of related experience
• Registered Membership in Origin and Local Country (Location Dependent).
• Q/HSE Diploma – Desirable
• Various Quality courses (Internal Auditor)