About the job
SSH is looking for a Principal Landscape Architect to join our office in Dubai, UAE, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Leads and mentors a design group and is responsible for large scale projects from bidding to delivery.
Reporting directly to the Discipline Lead, this team member contributes to the development of the company by supporting the Directors in the progressive evolution of SSH’s design philosophy, research activities and technical development.
• Landscape Design.
• Team Leading.
• Client Interface.
• Resource Planning.
• Performance Evaluation.
• Design Management.
• Design Coordination.
• Interface with Statutory Authorities.
• Design Research.
• Design Reviews.
• Site support / back-up
• Design Stage Reports
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support Discipline Lead with operational responsibilities.
• Contribute to preparation of bids.
• Lead the design team throughout the design stages.
• Responsible for key design input at early design phases and for general design leadership during the course of the project.
• Contribute from the onset of a project, to the design of innovative and progressive design solutions that reconcile SSH and client’s goals and priorities while fostering opportunities for design excellence.
• Make appropriate value judgements with respect to corrective work that supports the design concept and performance goals of the project.
• To perform and direct material and building systems research and participate in the coordination and preparation of project specifications.
• Set an example of leadership among team leaders.
• Participate in marketing and business development.
• Act as the client’s point of contact for design related issues.
• Act as the project’s design coordinator and contributes (fully or partially) to the overall design management activities.
• Conduct performance evaluation reviews to subordinate (junior) team members.
• Take initiatives to develop design manuals, standard design documents, presentations, etc. to increase efficiencies, knowledge and awareness across the wider engineering community.
Qualities & Skills:
• Developed Landscape Design skills.
• Extensive project experience.
• Flexibility and attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of SSH’s commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of risk management.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Developed presentation skills.
• Detailed knowledge of SSH’s standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Ability and will to update knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Office 365
• Online Communication tools (MS teams, Skype, Web ex)
• Adobe Acrobat Professional DC
• Adobe Reader
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
• Autodesk Revit
• Autodesk AutoCAD
• Autodesk Formit
B.Arch. or M.Arch
The achievement of a Professional registration of an internationally recognised institution i.e RIBA, AIA, LEED is highly desirable and a distinct advantage