About the job
SSH is looking for a Principal/Lead Design Landscape Architect with 18-20 years of Experience to join our office in Dubai, UAE, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Works under the direct supervision of Discipline Lead – Landscape. This team member leads an architectural design team and schedules, organizes, coordinates and executes the design work on projects of all scales.
– Min 18-20 years of experience
– Current Principal or equivalent position
– GCC experience a must (not remote based but based in GCC)
– Large project experience
– Landscape degree
– Top tier consultants experience
– Previously managed a LS team
– Strong designer
– Strong Technical knowledge
– Strong client/Stakeholder engagement
– Leadership skills
– Time and people management skills
– Master planning experience
– Horticulture experience/Knowledge
– Proven track record of delivered/built projects
– Experience in bids and proposals
– Hospitality and mixed-use project experience
• Lead a design group within the Landscape team throughout the design stages.
• Within the design group act as the client’s point of contact for design related issues.
• Within the design group act as the project’s design coordinator and contributes (fully or partially) to the overall design management activities.
• Responsible for the integrated design delivery of projects throughout the entire project life cycle.
• Ensure design excellence and delivery of project documentation to SSH quality procedures.
• Responsible for BIM integration and development of innovative working methodologies.
• Take initiatives to develop design manuals, standard design documents, presentations, etc. to increase efficiencies, knowledge and awareness across the wider architectural community.
Qualities & Skills:
• Developed Design skills.
• Appropriate project experience.
• Flexibility and attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of SSH’s commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of risk management.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Developed presentation skills.
• Detailed knowledge of SSH’s standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health & Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Ability and will to update knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Office 365
• Online Communication tools (MS teams, Skype, Web ex)
• Adobe Acrobat Professional DC
• Adobe Reader
• Adobe InDesign
• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
• Autodesk Revit
• Autodesk AutoCAD
• Autodesk Formit