About the job
SSH is one of the leading master planning, infrastructure, building design and construction supervision firms in the Middle East, with a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio that includes landmark projects throughout the region. The firm maintains offices in Abu Dhabi, Algeria, Bahrain, Dubai, Kuwait, London, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Sub-Saharan Africa, and North Africa.
- Architectural background
- 25 years of experience with min 8 years in same position.
- 15 years GCC experience
- Experience with Tier 1 consultants required.
- Deep knowledge of project delivery and construction: Should have a significant number of built and delivered projects in the region.
- Strong stakeholders’ engagement and management.
- Managing large scale projects / teams / deadlines / remote teams.
- Projects Experience and Portfolio: Primarily, strong hospitality + mixed-use developments. Residentials tower and retail experience a plus.
- Deep knowledge of Hotel Operators guidelines.
- Technically strong with Design flair.
- Capable of running/managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Previous experience in preparing and delivering architecture packages in all project stages (i.e. being senior or lead architect on projects prior to design management role).
- Strong in coordination and consultant management.
- Ongoing engagement and coordination with project teams.
- Experience in bids and proposals preparation.
• Proven experience at a senior level in delivering design services within a Work Winning environment and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure
• Experience of leading a team and/or coaching team members
• Numeracy and bid/report writing skills.
• Commercial awareness.
• Have an understanding of different Client procurement routes.
• Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage.
• Ability to organize, plan, programmed and manage workloads.
• Understanding of Building Regulations and Planning Permission procedures.