About the job
Works under the direct supervision of Discipline Lead – Interior. This team member leads an interior design team and schedules, organizes, coordinates and executes the design work on projects of all scales.
• Interior Design.
• Team Leading.
• Client Interface.
• Resource Planning.
• Performance Evaluation.
• Design Management.
• Design Coordination.
• Interface with Statutory Authorities.
• Design Research.
• Design Reviews.
• Site back-up.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead a design group within the Design team throughout the design stages.
• Within the design group act as the client’s point of contact for design related issues.
• Within the design group act as the project’s design coordinator and contributes (fully or partially) to the overall design management activities.
• Responsible for the integrated design delivery of projects throughout the entire project life cycle.
• Ensure design excellence and delivery of project documentation to SSH quality procedures.
• Responsible for BIM integration and development of innovative working methodologies.
• Take initiatives to develop design manuals, standard design documents, presentations, etc. to increase efficiencies, knowledge and awareness across the wider architectural community.
Qualities & Skills
• Developed Design skills.
• Appropriate project experience.
• Flexibility and attitude towards company objectives.
• Cordial relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of SSH’s commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of risk management.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Developed presentation skills.
• Detailed knowledge of SSH’s standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to transmit the same to others.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Health & Safety Principles.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Ability and will to update knowledge.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Office 365
• Online Communication tools (Skype, Web ex)
• Adobe Creative cloud
• Autodesk Revit
Degree or master’s in interior architecture
Core Competencies Required
a) Shows the ability to anticipate customer needs and requirements by asking effective questions that will allow for adequate services to be tailored and successful and timely resolution of incoming obstacles, promoting improved customer satisfaction levels.
b) Displays flexibility and adaptability in light of changing customer priorities and expectations and demonstrates the capacity in turn to provide customers with innovative and creative services/solutions.
c) Exhibits the initiative to establish positive relationships with customers by acting in their best interest to foster relationships that are built on trust and transparency.
a) Acts as a role model in delivering persuasive communication to senior and high ranked internal and external audiences and exerts the capacity to take the lead in creating an environment that encourages open and honest communication to promote transparency across the organization.
b) Serves as a credible and powerful communicator, possesses the talent to effectively and clearly communicate complex issues, ideas and concepts to a wide and mixed audience and correctly interpret responses, to achieve mutual goals and reach common grounds
Teamwork and Collaboration
a) Exerts mastery skills and know-how in transferring knowledge, experiences and information required to others to enable them to perform and deliver within their area of specialty.
b) Demonstrates the ability to counsel, motivate and recognize the contribution of others to enable the achievement of collective results and shared goals.
c) Exhibits the skill to lead cross-functional workgroups and promote a culture of open communication and respect that values diversity of inputs and showcases the ability to set an example by openly sharing areas of improvement and lessons learned.
Accountability and Ownership
a) Displays a sense of ownership, accountability and a proactive attitude in evaluating situations and taking necessary actions to reducing barriers to success, ensuring efficient delivery of projects in line with set standards.
b) Exhibits the capacity and skill to define, communicate, and monitor the progress and achievement of individual and team members’ objectives against key performance indicators and ensures availability of recourses to realize goals.
c) Demonstrates the capability to address, investigate and resolve arising conflicts of interest within one’s function, showcases the ability to take responsibility for the team’s outputs and mistakes and displays the skill and knowhow to provide constructive feedback and devise adequate corrective actions.
a) Exhibits the aptitude to set an example of high-quality standards in producing work outputs for subordinates and peers alike, supporting them in their quest for excellence, displays a strong work ethic and possesses the ability to exemplify and uphold the values of the SSH.
b) Showcases expertise in anticipating issues that may arise during projects and demonstrates the know-how and skill to use past experiences to make sound judgment calls in light of potential unplanned issues / situations.
Leadership Competencies Required
Problem Solving & Decision Making
a) Displays the capability to gather and analyze information and data, identify underlying causes of problems and detect patterns and variances to be able to establish reasoned arguments.
b) Demonstrates the ability to originate new and non-traditional ideas and approaches to solving and rationalizing problems and presenting viable recommendations for consideration.
c) Exhibits the know-how of employing decision-making and analytical tools and showcases the aptitude to draw on previous experiences to guide problem solving.
a) Showcases the capacity to create an environment that promotes respect, collaboration and equal opportunities amongst team members, to enable them to make a difference and displays the ability to quickly adapt to new ways of completing work assignments.
b) Exhibits the ability to communicate the link to vision and translate organization goals and strategic direction into team and individual actions and demonstrates the ability to give clear directions and realistic expectations, even in the face of change.
c) Demonstrates the ability to set stretch but achievable personal performance goals that align with wider team and organizational goals and exhibits the skill to provide support to team members.
Empowerment & Delegation
a) Showcases the ability to effectively drive the achievement of results and to develop others through challenging opportunities and demonstrates the capability to empower subordinates by providing a clear definition of their role, specific goals and clearly defined authority processes.
b) Demonstrates the ability to recognize individual strengths and areas for improvement and provide equal opportunities for employees to employ them, creating an environment that encourages self-development and growth.
c) Exhibits the skill and know-how to set goals, conduct regular individual performance reviews and evaluations and work closely with one’s own team members to enable them to achieve personal aspirations and yield advancement opportunities.
Coaching & Mentoring
a) Demonstrates the ability to provide adequate real-time constructive feedback on an individual’s performance and displays the skill to articulate opportunities for immediate improvement.
b) Showcases the ability to apply the values and principles of coaching and mentoring as a key tool in supporting personal development and professional growth.
Driving Performance & Results
a) Exhibits understanding of key performance indicators set by SSH and is able to set goals, prioritize tasks, allocate resources, and effectively manage time to meet the requirements of internal and external stakeholders.
b) Displays the ability to be fair, consistent and unbiased in managing employees and possesses the ability to praise good work and concurrently address poor performance to ensure minimum acceptable performance standards are met.
c) Demonstrates the capability of identifying inefficient or ineffective methods or procedures within one’s own area of responsibility and taking the requisite steps to eliminate or improve them.