About the job
SSH is looking for a Senior Design Manager to join our office in Dubai, UAE, where we provide front-end design leadership for the wider group.
Manage and supervise the Project Design Team in conducting design reviews and technical assessment by providing design consultancy and technical advice.
• Team Leading.
• Client Interface.
• Resource Planning.
• Performance Evaluation.
• Design Management.
• Design Coordination.
• Interface with Statutory Authorities.
• Design Research.
• Design Reviews
Duties & Responsibilities
• Lead and provide a professional, comprehensive and sustainable design service for the customer and key partners and suppliers at bid and delivery stages.
• Manage and ensure effective briefing of the Design Team.
• Management of any 3rd parties design teams to ensure that they meet all customer specifications and where necessary.
• Checking the competence and resources of any incumbent design teams or 3rd parties.
• Provide advice and guidance on the “buildability” of the design proposals to the design.
• Liaise with all statutory bodies/authorities as required.
• Establish, maintain and manage effective project design resource and team profile at bid and delivery stages.
• Provide BIM management during the bid stage ensuring the supply chain is fully aware of BIM requirements.
Qualities & Skills
• Proven experience at a senior level in delivering design services within a Work Winning environment and successfully implementing design strategies as well as relevant project experience.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners and delivery team members under time pressure
• Experience of leading a team and/or coaching team members
• Numeracy and bid/report writing skills.
• Commercial awareness.
• Have an understanding of different Client procurement routes.
• Experience of site/contract procedures would be an advantage.
• Ability to organise, plan, programme and manage workloads.
• Understanding of Building Regulations and Planning Permission procedures.
• Office 365
• Online Communication tools (Teams, Skype, Web ex)
• Adobe Creative cloud
• Autodesk Revit
Degree and or Masters in relevant discipline
Professional registration of an internationally recognised institution is highly desirable and a distinct advantage